Singles Awareness Day

Singles Awareness Day

Hannah Curry, Staff Writer

The day that all single people dread is upon us once again, Valentines Day. Love, candy, stuffed animals, dates, and much more. The day couples celebrate and show their love for each other, reminding all of the single people how alone they are this time of year.

For Valentines Day couples usually go out on nice dates and buy each other meaningful gifts. They make the whole day special. But what do the single people do on Valentines Day?

“My mom usually makes me and my siblings goodie bags with candies and treats,” senior Sara Rubio said. “I’ve only had a Valentine once and to be honest, I don’t even remember how we celebrated haha. I remember sophomore year my best friend at the time made me a cute little Valentine’s arrangement, other than those things it’s just a regular day for me. Maybe if I wasn’t single it’d be different. Ha!”

There are plenty of things that single people can do for Valentine’s Day. For example, you can take yourself out and have a “me day;” go do the things you love to do. Go shopping or maybe even go out with some other single friends. Just because you’re single doesn’t mean you have to sit at home on this love filled day.

Don’t be dreary or sad on this particular day. Take this day about loving your significant other and turn it into a self-love day instead. No one needs a boyfriend/girlfriend to have fun or celebrate love.