Girls varsity soccer game

Grace Walsh, Staff writer and sports editor

The Lady Hornet soccer team played against Birdville High School and lost 0-6 on Jan. 26 at the Hornet Stadium.

The soccer team has improved tremendously from last year and the girls are really happy with how the team looks. 

“I think we’ve definitely improved on getting the ball to each other and working as a team in general,” senior Kalea O’gorman said. 

The students on the soccer team had to adapt to the new players that were added because of students that graduated or quit. 

“This year the entire varsity team is brand new so its a very different dynamic,” sophomore Ashlyn Hobbs said. “ We’ve all learned to work together throughout the year and I think we will be pretty successful.” 

Head coach of the Lady Hornet soccer team, Coach Lyons is very proud of the girls and their dedication to playing the sport. 

“I’m very proud of the way the girls show up every day even when things don’t go our way and they get to work and are eager to get better,” Lyons said. 

The girls believe they have a special bond and it helps them communicate during a game.

“Personally I feel like I’ve improved on communication with my team and overall 

passing and being aggressive,” junior Logan Creech said. 

Even though the soccer team did lose they believe this was just a learning experience and it will help them in the long run. 

“Soccer was a big part of my life and I hope to instill the love of the sport into the girls just like my coach did to me,” Lyons said.