The Sting Recognizes: Ms. Reasoner

It might be Teacher Appreciation Week, but this isn’t the only week we can take out of the year to appreciate our teachers. We should always be grateful for what our teachers and advisors do for us, and this week, I’ll be appreciating Ms. Reasoner.

Three of the four years of my high school experience have been with Ms. Reasoner. She’s been stuck with me since I was a sophomore and has never failed to make me feel like a valued student in her class. From honors chemistry to my second college chemistry course, Ms. Reasoner always makes sure that her students understand the content to the best of their ability. She makes sure her students have ample opportunity to be prepared for exams by getting up at seven in the morning to be at the school an hour early for tutoring. On top of being an outstanding teacher, Ms. Reasoner also juggles the math and science team, which is another handful in itself. Her plate is always full, yet she always makes time for her students when they’re in need, and that says a lot about her.

Ms. Reasoner has one of the biggest hearts I’ve ever encountered. She’s listened to me rant about the smallest things that set me off and offered genuine advice, she’s watched me cry out of frustration and has assured me that everything would turn out just fine, and when I’m not being too nice about something, she doesn’t hesitate to let me know. She keeps me on my toes, and I’m extremely grateful for that. She has shown me what fairness and kindness looks like in all its rarity. This year, she even bought her students pencils with their names engraved into them just to be kind, and yes, I did in fact cry because of it. There’s so much that we could all learn from a teacher like Ms. Reasoner. She’s serious when she needs to be but she likes to join in on the fun when she can. She understands when her classes need more time to study and she knows exactly when they’re prepared. She’s considerate but she’s also stern when things need to be done. Ms. Reasoner is what I like to call an ‘all-rounder’ teacher.

I couldn’t have asked for a better chemistry teacher to guide me through some of the hardest courses I’ve ever taken. I certainly couldn’t have done it without her. Thank you for everything, Ms. Reasoner. I hope that your future classes appreciate you as much as I do.