The Esteemed Student Council

William Pollard

StuCo sign to join

The student council is a small community of students and one faculty supervisor who come together to help the school and society be a better place. They run homecoming, pep rallies, blood drives, and so many other student activities at the school.

“Student Council is about inclusivity, helping to better our school, and bring our student body together,” senior and Vice-President of Student Council Kalyce Richardson said. “We want to make sure that everybody in the student council, or in our school, has a role and is able to change our school.”

Math teacher Chad Cooke acts as their sponsor. He oversees all the events, makes sure paperwork is finished and makes bank deposits. He has been the supervisor before and returned to the position again at the beginning of this year.

“I always wanted to be the student council adviser since I was a student council member myself,” Cooke said. “I was lucky enough to return and the position was available, so I accepted it.”

StuCo accepts anyone who is determined enough to help with the community.

“You would talk to Mr. Cooke, he will give you a form, and you fill out the form, then you would submit it to him,” sophomore Chloe Hennessy said. “Meetings are held in Mr. Cooke’s room, they’re held from 4:05 to 4:35 to plan the next activity for the school.”

When it comes to accepting people and making friends, StuCo is a place that assists everyone so they can feel accepted.

“I met some really good people in the student council, people who better me and make me want to do better,” senior Kalyce Richardson. “That’s what student council also does, the people you surround yourself with are the people you vibe with.”