The Sting Recognizes: Mrs. Hampton

Mrs.+Hampton

Courtney Olmos

Mrs. Hampton

For teacher appreciation week, my shout-out goes to Geometry Teacher, Deneen Hampton. Mrs. Hampton has been working at Azle High School for 21 years. She has always worked in math, typically teaching Algebra 1 and Geometry. This is her first year of just teaching geometry.

I was introduced to Mrs. Hampton during my freshman year; she was my Algebra I teacher. Mrs. Hampton was very kind, yet straightforward with her classroom rules.

I learned freshman year that Mrs. Hampton is one of the best in the teaching industry. She genuinely cares about her job and puts time and effort into it, that does not go unnoticed. I always appreciated her class and learned so much about math and actually understood every single concept we did. If I ever had a question, she was always willing to help explain. She also kept up with our personal lives. For example, she knew I was going to try out for cheer and asked me about it, and even cared if I made the team. She has no idea how big of an impact that left on me, especially at that time in my life.

That said, I was very happy to find out that she would be my Sophomore geometry teacher. While in Algebra, I sat in the back of the classroom, this year I sit right by Mrs. Hampton’s desk. I was nervous because I had no friends in that class; however, I gained some along the way like Faith Argedano, who I consider a close friend. The both of us talk to Mrs. Hampton every day and always have good conversations. I can genuinely say she is one of my favorite teachers I have ever had.

I am so thankful and appreciative of Mrs. Hampton and all she has done for me. She is an incredible teacher not only at her job but as a person/leader in general. She genuinely cares about her job and the work she gives to students. She never fails to make sure they fully comprehend the subject we are going over and makes a safe space to learn. She continues to stay updated in my life asking me about cheer, upcoming events I’ve discussed, and even my friends. I hope she knows how amazing she has been these past few years and how much I look up to her. Thank you so much, Mrs. Hampton!