The Sting Recognizes: Mr. McDonald

Photo by Sophia Gerbers

Chemistry teacher Mr. McDonald

Sophia Gerbers, Guest Writer

Mr. McDonald is no ordinary chemistry teacher. To me, he has inspired me to discover a love for science that I didn’t think I had. Coming from an online schooling program, I would have never envisioned myself taking a liking toward science. Online school made me believe that science was too difficult for me. It made me think I was unable to understand the topics everyone else was doing. Despite the wonderful teachers I have had, Mr. McDonald made his class an inviting educational experience.

When I first walked into his classroom, I was greeted by his cheerful spirit. It was immediately uplifting, and along with his humor, I knew I would instantly enjoy being a part of his class. Mr. McDonald has supported me as a student in so many ways. For example, when I had to travel throughout the year to visit my family, Mr. McDonald made sure I maintained an understanding of the topics we would be
covering while I was gone. He ensured I had all the resources available during the semester, and he would never fail to ensure I wasn’t confused.

As the year comes to an end, I am extremely sad to say goodbye to Mr. McDonald. I could not be more thankful for my year of chemistry with him and I stay grateful. A teacher worth recognition, I can confidently say Mr. McDonald is one of the main reasons for my success in not only Chemistry but other aspects of my academic life.

Happy teacher appreciation week!