The Student News Site of Azle High School

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting

I remember it ‘All Too Well’

Welcome to Taylor Swift Eras Tour Movie
Taylor Swift performing songs in her Lover Era
Daytona Gravlin
Taylor Swift performing songs in her ‘Lover’ Era

Taylor Swift has become one of the biggest pop stars since Michael Jackson. Her Eras Tour has been sold out worldwide, earning a whopping $4.1 billion. Since it became so popular, you know that it had to become a movie. This movie earned a 99% on the “Tomatometer” and a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes audience score. Taylor Swift made history with this movie.

Tickets started at $19.98, revealing an easter egg for her new Taylor’s Version album that came out Oct. 27. You can swap a friendship bracelet with an AMC worker and get a new custom bracelet. Movie theaters are also selling tote bags, popcorn buckets, cups and even a baton. This merch ranges from $10-$25. However, you receive a free tiny poster with your ticket.

Movie watchers have had all different types of experiences watching the movie. Some theaters have had the theater PACKED with different types of Swifts. The hardcore fans got up, sang and danced throughout the whole 2-hours-and-48-minute movie. People have been posting videos on TikTok complaining how these girls have ruined the entire movie. However, when I went, there was me, my friend, and probably about three other people in there.

Me and my bestie still sang from our seats for the whole movie. She dressed up as the fearless era, wearing cute gold jeans, black shirt and her hair braided. I just wore shorts and a Taylor Swift sweatshirt. Some people wore the whole “Red” era look, with the shirt and the black hat to top it off, and a mom even wore a reputation shirt with leather pants and the classic red lip.

Overall, I thought the movie was astonishing. From the camera work, the songs, and her including songs from all ten of her albums, I felt like I was actually at one of her concerts. Even though she had to cut out some of her songs she actually performed on her tour, she did include two surprise songs.

Whether you went to the actual tour and wanted to experience it all over again, or you’re just a fan of her music, this movie is an amazing opportunity to let your inner swiftie out.