The Student News Site of Azle High School

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting

Students Want to Pick the Bell Songs

Sarah Robles
Students walking to their classes.

The school has added bell songs to eliminate tardiness for students. However, students have started to express that the recent bell songs are getting repetitive and somewhat disruptive.

Many students have different opinions about the bell songs, for example, like when the Creed song, “Higher,” played a few weeks ago.

“This bell song we have on now is alright, but the speakers are too loud and I can’t talk to my friends, so I kind of find it annoying sometimes, mostly all the time,” Juarez said.

Since the bell songs are picked by adults, they are not always loved by the students. So to help with this, Sophomore Ryder Townsend suggested an option to pick the bell songs should be in place.

“I think an option would be cool so we have a variety and we can choose the best one,” Townsend said.

Sophomore Jonathan Bushong gave another option to solve this problem, which would be for students to be able to give song recommendations.

“Students have the best opinion about music and we’re the ones who have to listen to it every day,” Bushong said.

If there were to be recommendations put in place, Senior Arly Sanders suggested having songs that won’t get boring fast.

“Songs that aren’t trending on TikTok because those get annoying quicker than anything,” Sanders said.

Although the bell songs may be a nuisance, students like Senior Bryce Farris beg to differ and think they are actually useful.

“It tells me when I need to hurry up and get to my class before I’m late,” Farris said.