The Student News Site of Azle High School

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting

The Top Ten of Azle High School

Senior Allison Wright a student on the Academic Top Ten. Photo Courtesy of Azle ISD.
Senior Melani Rushing, one of the Azle ISD Faculty Choice Top Ten. Photo courtesy of Azle ISD

With the end of the school year approaching, Azle released the Academic and Faculty Choice top ten seniors for the 2023-2024 school year. These two categories hold the top ten seniors with the highest GPAs and the faculty choice top-ten seniors, are recognized at graduation.

This year, the Academic Top Ten contains Rebecca Marx, Anna Preston, Allison Wright, Eliana Tejeda, Braden Forsythe, Peytie Chambers, Eva Solorzano, Dakota Brewton, Vielka Gonzalez, and Joshua Carver.

Allison Wright said she has worked for this moment her entire high school career and breaks down how she got here.

“It included a lot of studying and participating in as many AP and OnRamps classes as I could,” she said. “It is also super important to have a good work ethic and keep my motivation high.”

Another Academic Top Ten, Dakota Brewton said he also takes pride in receiving his spot on the list.

“The last four years have been a lot of hard work, but I’m excited and honored it has finally paid off,” Brewton said.

The second portion of the Top Ten is the faculty’s choice, which includes, Parker Brewton, Anahipatricia Colmenero, Dalton Dorris, Dylan Dorris, Alan Hard, Shree Patel, Melani Rushing, Morgan Terrell, Tyler Ulrich, and Raegan Williams.

These seniors were picked by our staff based on their school spirit, participation and overall personality.

Melani Rushing is involved in multiple organizations. She is the president of Student Council, captain of the cheer team, a member of NHS and is in all honors classes.

“I worked really hard my whole school career to be a good student and role model, and this recognition is really valuable to me,” she said.

Senior Dakota Brewton a student who made the Academic Top Ten. Photo Courtesy of Azle ISD.