The Student News Site of Azle High School

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting Recognizes: Mrs. Deramee

Seniors Skye Dickens and Kristina Birkeland pose with Mrs. Deramee at school board meeting. Photo courtesy of Kristina Beck.

When I first met FCCLA adviser and family consumer science teacher Natasha Deramee, I was an anxious, struggling freshman. I’ve grown a bit since then. Throughout my years here, Mrs. Deramee has been a guiding light in my life.
Aside from her incredible teaching talent, Mrs. Deramee works tirelessly to promote family consumer science, a growing and vital field to our society. In her classes, students understand the importance of the field and develop a holistic understanding of it.

For FCCLA, Mrs. Deramee is indispensable. Within FCCLA, she allows students to flourish in leadership positions. She dedicates endless hours to this organization and making crazy things happen–we have raised over $10,000 this year thanks to her help.

Personally, Mrs. Deramee has been there through thick and thin. She has helped me navigate personal life struggles and resolve problems between FCCLA members. Her advice has honestly been a saving grace.

The most memorable moment I have had with Mrs. Deramee was when she took my partner Skye Dickens and me to FCCLA Nationals in San Diego. It was a chaotic week with everything happening at once. We literally got off the three-hour flight, took a tour around the city and then went to Coronado Island. Even though it was crazy and I couldn’t have been more tired, Mrs. Deramee made the week a blast. I’ve never had more fun on a school trip.

As a graduating senior, I’m going to miss Mrs. Deramee and FCCLA deeply. She’s made that club a home for me, and I couldn’t be more thankful.