The Student News Site of Azle High School

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting

It’s Hard to be a Kanye Fan in 2024

Ye, from Wikimedia Commons
Ye, from Wikimedia Commons

Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, has been a controversial artist for years. With his “unique and interesting” beliefs being a large vocal part of his career. Ye has now re-entered the spotlight with his new studio album with Ty Dolla Sign called “Vulture 1.” With two more albums, “Vulture 2” and “Vulture 3,” releasing later this year, the emotional rollercoaster of being a Ye fan is at a peak with anticipation and excitement.

Ye is a genius and a perfect example of a person. He’s imperfect yet preserves his ego as he endures. His pride is a front for who he truly is. He’s broken and lost though he endures and keeps creating because he loves it. He will always be seen as a narcissistic, egotistical, madman to the media, yet his genius and impact upon the music industry as well as the fashion world proves his greatness.

Being a fan is a constant battle with plenty of heartbreak. The amount of times Ye has broken my heart with albums and leaks it’s truly relieving to see Vultures come out after its many delays. Though being a fan doesn’t mean you have to defend Ye from his outlandish takes. You can enjoy his music and separate his art from him. As long as you understand that they are making the Twix bar larger to fatten us.

His mistakes don’t define him, and no one is perfect. Ye speaks his mind and doesn’t question if he’s right or wrong, he bears the cost of being incorrect. He lives for himself and the people he cares about. He pursues his art because he loves it even after losing so much with his mother, his ex-wife and time with his kids. It’s his self-esteem that radiates across to his fans. Ye could do anything because he was taught that and so could anyone if you teach yourself that you can do anything.

Ye, himself has said it best: “If you’re a Kanye West fan, you’re not a fan of me, you’re a fan of yourself.”