The Community Needs You

Azle’s Community Caring Center is Asking for Shelf-Food Donations

Courtesy of the Community Caring Center

One of the biggest support groups in Azle is asking for the community’s help in donations. The community caring center is an organization in our city with food options, clothing and household goods, as well as paired with the Azle ISD backpack program.

This year, they are partnered with many of the Azle High School organizations like, Auto Tech, AVID, Baseball, Bass Team, Drones, Criminal Justice, FBLA, FCCLA, Fine Arts, FFA, HOSA, NHS, PALS, Project Success, Rodeo, TAFE, and Wrestling.

Bonnie Monninger, the assistant director at The Community Caring Center, explained why they choose to connect with the High School.

“Different groups from AISD have been volunteering at The Community Caring Center for many years,” she said. “Most consistently has been the Azle H.S. Future Farmers of America group (FFA).”

However, the goal is not only for students in these organizations. Anyone can donate, including non-high schoolers. The Community Caring Center could use all the help it can get to push forward its mission.

“Students can help CCC by sharing information about our organization with friends and family that may need assistance,” Monninger said.” Our mission is to care for those in need in our community through the provision of food, clothing, and household goods. Donating gently used clothing, household items, and new hygiene products is also a great way to help.”

Anyone wanting to donate can contact one of the heads of the organizations listed above or donate food to The Community Caring Center Mondays-Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m., and Thursdays from 4 p.m-6:30 p.m.

These donations not only provide aid to the center and the receivers but also to the students who donate.

“Having students participate in a food drive for those in need is a great way to bring the issue of food insecurity to the general public,” Monninger said. “This helps to build an informed, compassionate generation of people that will continue to lend a helping hand long after our current, fantastic volunteers have moved on.”

The Community Caring Center still needs all the help they can get. The impact of even sharing their page is tremendous and helps them greatly. Whether it’s a box of dry food, old clothes, or sharing a link helps the center. If you have any questions you can go to their website www.communitycaringcenter.com or go to their office at 317 Commerce St. in Azle.