The Student News Site of Azle High School

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting

Dance First, Think Later

What the Homecoming Dance is All About
Courtney Olmos
The homecoming dance is tomorrow from 7-10 p.m.

Bring your controllers and be ready to step into the virtual world to unleash your inner gamer. This Saturday at 7 p.m. is the homecoming dance in the fine arts gym.

Student council adviser Chad Cook said how excited he is for Homecoming this year and that it will be like no other before. He is mostly concerned with making sure students have a great time.

“Homecoming helps bring school spirit,” Cooke said. “It also helps bring everyone together and just make this place feel a little bit happier with the opportunity to make lasting memories to cherish for the rest of your life.”

Senior and student council president Melani Rushing went over the new and improved activities Homecoming will have this year.

“The theme for this year is Just Dance and the HOCO theme is arcade games, the time is 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.,” Rushing said. “Chick-fil-A will cater, and we will have potato chips and water for the students, as well as a DJ, and the yearbook will bring back the photo booth this year.”

The director of morale for student council senior Reece Hughes discussed the goals STUCO plans for homecoming.

“We plan to raise money for STUCO because we have spent a lot on this dance to make sure that y’all have fun,” Hughes said. “This dance is a little different than in the last few years. We plan on making sure the students are interactive and not just on the dance floor, like, we will have big Jenga we will play with the DJ and big checkers as well.”

The homecoming dance means a lot to Hornets. Seniors Allison Wright and Leila Barrett said they are extremely excited for their last homecoming here and plan on making life-long memories this year.

“The dance is a great chance to make good memories,” Wright said. “Having fun during my senior year will be extremely important memories for the rest of my life.”

This being Leila’s last go-round for homecoming, enjoying all the things homecoming has to offer is extremely important to her.

“This dance means a lot to me as a senior, and it will be a milestone,” Barrett said. “ It means a lot. I’m one important event away from getting that diploma.”