The Student News Site of Azle High School

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting

Eat or Yeet

Student’s Point of View of Cafeteria Food
Kristina Birkeland
Freshman Corbin Mayo eating the school breakfast.

Food: a basic necessity for all humans especially for growing students. During the school day, students have lunch from the cafeteria or their own brought from home. With the cafeteria having a range of options to eat, the experiences vary.

Students discussed their opinions about the food, from positive reviews to more critical ones. For example, senior Landon Fredricks discussed his reasoning for buying school lunch over bringing his own.

“I eat school lunch food because it’s better than bringing a lunch box to school and it’s more convenient,” Fredricks said.

Aside from convenience, other students such as junior Oliva Schmitt said she finds the food to have improved.

“They have more of a variety of food than last year,” Schmitt said. “It tastes better than how it did before.”

While many students like the seemingly inexpensive cafeteria food, others disapprove of the food. The reasons range from how the food is made to the sides that are given with the main portion of the meal.

“I rate the school food a 4/10, because it’s dry and bland and has no flavor to it,” Junior Devin Wingfield said, “and it’s usually served with stuff that doesn’t go with that food.”

Similarly, sophomore Ivy Conerly said she believes that the cafeteria food has room for improvement.

“What could be improved in the food is more flavor in the food such as in the chicken,” Conerly said.

From the spicy chicken sandwich to the beef nachos the quality fluctuates as well as the opposing opinions of the school lunches. While some students love the convenience and variety of the recent menu, others dislike the food quality and taste.