The Student News Site of Azle High School

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting

I’m Gonna Need to See Some ID

How Old is Too Old to Go Trick-or-Treating?
This Deer Ridge House is ready for trick-or-treaters!
Daytona Gravlin

Halloween is next week and little kids are ecstatic to put on their costumes and collect pounds of candy. However, high school students have to decide how old is too old for the holiday tradition.

Junior Natalie Espinoza said she is keeping it low-key this year and would rather go out to a haunted house with her friends.

“My birthday is so close to Halloween, so we normally throw a birthday/Halloween party,” Espinoza said. “I’m sadly not dressing up this year, but I think you’re never too old to go trick-or-treating.”

Senior Kameron Weger said he plans to go to rehearsal for theater and afterward, get dressed up and go trick-or-treating with his friends.

“You can never be too old to trick-or-treat, that is not real,” Weger said. “For the person trick-or-treating, it’s fun, as well as taking someone to go trick-or-treating, that’s always a joy for any age.”

Senior Jose Neri said he thinks when you hit your 20s it’s too old to ask random people for candy.

“I just plan to chill and hang out with my friends,” Neri said. “I don’t really care to dress up. I simply just have a good time with friends.”

Freshman Haydyn Jones said she loves going all out with her family for the holiday.

“I love going out with my friends and family, walking around just eating candy and chatting amongst each other,” Haydyn said. She “It’s kind of rigged that Halloween is on a Tuesday, especially since we have school the very next day.”

Even if some kids grow out of the magic of Halloween and choose to celebrate with haunted houses and parties, dressing up, being with friends and getting spooked is something everyone can do, no matter what age.