The Student News Site of Azle High School

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting

Welcoming AHS’s Newest Assistant Principal: Kristen Lybrand

Kristen Lybrand is the 504 and testing coordinator for AHS. Section 504 is a program that helps provide services for students with learning and medical disabilities. She is brand new to this school and has quickly made unforgettable bonds with students by showing compassion and dedication.

Lybrand has been teaching since 2012. She previously worked as a science teacher at South Hills for 9 years then Boswell High School for 2 years.

Teaching at Azle has always been a goal of hers that she finally made come true.

“My husband and his family went to Azle,” Lybrand said. “I really loved how he and his family spoke about Azle like it was just one big family.”

Lybrand helps students from many different backgrounds.

“I hope students feel like I can help them and that’s my goal,” Lybrand said. “My entire goal is to help students be successful whether it is for 504 or testing.”

This year, Lybrand has made many memorable bonds with her 504 students. One of her students, junior Hanna Goodrich explains from experience how Lybrand is a staple here at school and helps students be as successful as possible.

“She helps me figure out which 504 rules are OK to use,” Goodrich said. “So when we do state testing, PSAT and TSI–things like that, she really helps clear things up on what I’m allowed to have so I can have an equal opportunity.”

Lybrand has big goals she hopes to accomplish in her first year at Azle.

“I hope to make an impact on students,” Lybrand said. “Especially those who are struggling in testing and in 504 so they can find success.”