The Student News Site of Azle High School

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting

The In’s and Out’s of 2024

Sophia Gerbers
Senior Kameron Weger sports his New Balance Sneakers.

The concept of having a New Year’s resolutions is not new but has recently reformed to appeal to certain trends according to the year. In 2024, we have seen reoccurring patterns in things people want to leave behind and bring into 2024.

One grunge-era-inspired clothing choice is making its way back into 2024.

“I’m bringing flannel back,” Coach Keith Boenisch said. “It’s definitely an in for me.”

Similar to other style choices, New Balance is not far from becoming a common choice of footwear.

“A heavy in will definitely be New Balance, similar to Chuck Taylors in 2014,” Senior Kameron Weager said.

What’s most interesting about resolutions each year is how accustomed they are to whatever is the most current trend. On the other hand, Coach Boenisch believes, regardless of trends, comfort is definitely in this year.

“An out is definitely going to be tighty-whities,” Boenisch said. “Flannel in. Tighty-whities out.”

Despite clothing being an obvious pattern, changes in attitude are something to consider to set the tone for your new year.

“An in I have is to bring in more gratitude,” Assistant Principal Logan Enis said.

Using more gratitude toward people around you is a great way to create a positive atmosphere. However, nothing is worse than bringing in unwanted scents into the new year, especially if you can control it.

“A definite out would have to be scented trash bags,” Kameron Weger said.