The Student News Site of Azle High School

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting

A Long Awaited Addition

New Science Wing Is Open
Annalicia Trammell

After winter break, the new campus addition opened for students and teachers to start using the new classrooms and new staff bathrooms. For students this a new change in their routine, but do these students like the change to their routine?

“Most of them like it,” science teacher Leola Gonzalez said. “The only complaint I get is this class is farther away from the other classes.”

With the new classrooms come new features for teachers and students to use.

“We had to move everything, so that’s always a pain,” Gonzalez said. “The pros are now we have a whole science lab. We didn’t have labs [before], so now we can do experiments. We have all the safety measures, like the shower, the eyewash station. It is a lot bigger than that old room as well. So that also helps a lot, especially with class management.”

Along with new features in the science labs, there are students who also have enjoyed the new science wing.

“It’s made it a lot easier to get to my next classes,” freshman Aidan Smith said.

Another student also sees how the new science wing is helping get from one class to another.

“Not having to walk outside to the portables is convenient,” said senior science lab manager Sarae Perez.

The new science wing is great for the science teachers who were forced to float to different classrooms throughout the day. Having their own classrooms helps them to not worry about the issues or moving from class to class.

“I definitely don’t get as many steps in as I probably should,” aquatics and biology teacher Hanna Hudgens said, “But not having to worry about if I left any of my materials in another classroom is really nice because that has happened several times. And then I’d have to send a student or take my stuff down there and ask another teacher to watch my kids.”