The Student News Site of Azle High School

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting

Azle Eats

Luke Petersen
Junior Nova Wang enjoys a Red’s burger.

Azle has many fast-food places and restaurants to choose from. From Mexican to American to Asian: we have it all. Here are some places students recommend to try out next when you’re out and about and looking for something new.

If you’re leaning towards Hispanic-style foods, places such as Main St. Tacos, Taqueria Melendez and Villa Del Sol are all great options to fill your cravings.

Whether you’re eating an early-morning breakfast taco or one of their savory alambres, Main St. Tacos offers a wide range of flavors for anyone stopping for a bit to eat.

Sophomore Nicolas Renteria said he recommends the Taqueria Melendez as across from the high school, which serves special on-street tacos for all AHS students.

“The authenticity of the food is what I love,” Nicolas said.

He added that the workers are very friendly and helpful when ordering and serving. He said he loves going there knowing that he is going to get the good service and the Mexican food he craves.

For those craving a sweet treat, Las Delicias de Michoacan — which opened back on Sept. 24 of last year — is an ice cream and cafeteria located off FM 730 next to Wingstop. Sophomore Mariposa Montes is an employee and said she has seen many customers since they opened.

People have been coming in all the time, non-stop,’’ Montes said. “They are always there when I’m working to check out our shop and they leave more than satisfied.”

If you’re looking for a good burger and shake, many students recommend Red’s Burger Shack. They are a family-owned burger joint that is very involved in the Azle community. Sophomore Kayley Brekel always recommends the place, especially for big groups.

“We host the cheer booster meetings there, and they never fail to bring a sense of community and familiarity to the environment, as well as, good food and service,” Brekel said.

Likewise, to Reds, Crave is a terrific option for those who aren’t in the mood for one specific thing. From soups and sandwiches to their brand new salad bar, and a plethora of desserts, they are one of the best places to cater to big groups.

Becoming a sponsor for Azle Cheer and Hornet Muscle throughout their competition season, Crave always provides boxes with an entree, side, and dessert so you can truly taste it all. Cheerleader and Junior Monica Martinez expressed her gratitude towards Crave and the delicious food they brought the team.

“I was always so excited to get my box from Crave because they always had the best food. My favorite part was definitely the dessert cake ball.” Martinez said.

Next time you want to get a bite to eat you should try out these local favorites.