The Student News Site of Azle High School

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting

Highschool To College

Dr. Roberts Transitions to C.O.O.L. Adviser
Photo courtesy of Tenille Roberts

Dr. Tenille Roberts has always been known as a mentor, teacher and safe place for the students for the last 7 years. During this time she has taught a range of subjects, including, professional communications, yearbook and PALS, and she even sponsors the Azle chapter of the National Honors Society.

While this current school year was no different, a light of news that the previous C.O.O.L. counselor, Kacie Davis, would move on to new things. This brought the news that Dr. Roberts would be the new C.O.O.L. counselor starting in March of 2024.

When asked about how she got into the job, Dr. Roberts discussed her relationship with Davis and what taking this job looked like.

“With Mrs. Davis being my best friend, we did a lot together and I got a feel of what her job was like going on college tours with her and learning more about different application processes,” Dr. Robert said. “It became something of interest, and when the opportunity arose, it was perfect. I still get to work with my students and that’s an important aspect of my job.”

When it comes to her students, Roberts said she prioritizes making sure all of her students feel welcome. She hopes to continue this forward despite not being in a traditional classroom setting.

Senior Lacy George has been one of Dr. Roberts’s students for the last two years throughout PALS, and this year as an office aide.

“She is someone you can go to no matter what is going on in your life, and has created a very positive presence in my high school experience and education,” Lacy said.

This is not a singlular experience, as many of her students spoke highly about her as an educator and are saddened, yet excited about her new journey as the C.O.O.L. adviser.

Junior Peyton Hill, an editor for the Yearbook, has had Dr. Roberts for the last 3 years and is ready to go forward with her as she heads into her senior year.

“She is super helpful and always finds the best solutions to my problems,” Hill said. “She is going to help me choose what college is best for me and find any possible scholarship opportunities.”