The Student News Site of Azle High School

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting

The Sting Recognizes: Mr. McDonald

Sophia Gerbers

I have had the honor of knowing chemistry and environmental science teacher Jason McDonald for two years now. He has shown me nothing but the utmost respect and kindness despite me no longer being one of his current students. He has been one of my biggest supporters throughout my decision to graduate early, and I highlight the gratitude I have for him accepting my academic choices. It isn’t often that I’m graced with the admiration of doubling up on work as it was a choice I bestowed upon myself, but Mr. McDonald has always shown how proud he is of me as a student.

Last year was my first year of high school at Azle, and I was introduced to Mr. McDonald through his chemistry class. Luckily, I was able to be one of his students and had the opportunity to learn from him and his knowledge. Mr. McDonald has always shown interest in my qualities as a student and the inspiration he provides me through his support motivates me to further my education.

Despite the educational differences I face with some of the students here, I’ve always felt more than knowledgeable in Mr. McDonald’s class. His attempt to make me feel welcomed has made me extremely grateful to have such a positive academic experience. Saddened by the closure of my senior year, I spotlight a teacher worth recognition, Mr. McDonald, and thank him as one of the main reasons for my success in not only Chemistry but other aspects of my academic life.

Happy teacher appreciation week!